Lip Sticky

Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 | Posted by Rebeca Acosta |
Lip Sticky will be featured at the TRAIN WRECK SHOW

in Chester NY, This Friday 


  • Touchbase sports bar located at 9 winkler place, in Chester NY. Right by the rail trail.
    Thats right kids. My scary work.

    this piece is cool because it integrates some glass experimentation I have been working on with my painting drawing work. It really makes them UH, POP?   or shine or I just think it is an interesting juxtaposition it also matches the extremeness of the images with extreme color and material variations. (RUN ON SENTENCE OVER)  Glass is cool....unless it is hot. WHAT?

    The subject matter: Well, the physical disruption of the figures is a image based metaphor which stands for mental disturbances. It is one of those, you look crazy therefore you are things. WILD! and also my typical loves for lines and abstraction just adds a little intensity to the background.


    one more thing, people always ask about where all of this imagery comes from. I don't really know, other than my mind. The other night I had a dream that a spider bit my face it half of it was swollen and red and the core of this bit had a crusty puss filled scab. So that's one place, DREAMLAND. But I mean I just think the ugly is interesting and i find ugly quite breathtaking and in some ways beautiful or more honest. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment